Oxford University Medical Certificates
If you are an Oxford University student and have been advised by your college or department to obtain a formal University Medical certificate, please read the information below and Oxford University Guidance on exam adjustments. If, having read this you feel a certificate is required from us, please complete and return this form.
Please also note the following:
- If the recommendation to obtain a certificate has come from a relatively junior member of staff, please check with your academic office or senior tutor first.
- If you have seen your college nurse about the matter, they may be able to provide certification instead of a GP.
- If you have had support from the University Counselling Service or the University Disability Advice service, please contact them about this before you contact us as they can often provide the necessary certificates. This is particularly relevant if you are requesting exam adjustments and have a Student Support Plan (SSP)with recommended adjustments - there is usually no need for a medical certificate that is simply repeating what is recommended in the SSP.
- We may need to see or contact you to discuss your certificate, especially if you have not seen us for any medical condition involved.
- For conditions that have resolved and/or for which we do not have any medical evidence for, we are unlikely to be able to provide certificates.
- Certificates will be sent directly to your college
Please allow 5 working days for completion of a medical certificate