Please note that currently there is a delay with routine prescriptions and that these could take as long as 72 hours to a week for routine medication
There are several ways for you to obtain your repeat prescription:
- Use our Patient Access online prescription service via the link at the top of this page. You need to be registered to use this preferred service.
- Use the prescription request form (right hand side of prescription). Either post this to us enclosing a stamped addressed envelope or by post it in the box at our reception desk.
- Use the facility through Pharmacy2You (P2U)
Please note that prescriptions will be ready for collection on the third working day after your request has been received.
Local chemists offer a prescription collection and delivery service for the housebound. Please let us know if you are using this service every time you request a repeat prescription.
Please note: patients on long term medicines will be seen at regular intervals by their doctor for a medication review and if you are past your medicine review date you will be asked to make an appointment for such a review.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.